Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Book Haul: IIBF, JCC


Hellllloooooo awesome people! So I went to book fair on Sunday, and I was planning to make a book haul post but I was so tired when I got home so I fell asleep and forgot to make it on Monday, so there it is, I make it today.

So, like I said I went to Indonesia International Book Fair (IIBF) in Jakarta Convention Center on Sunday, Oct 2nd. I've known this book fair since June and I've been waiting to go there. IIBF was held on Sept 28th-Oct 2nd 2016 in Assembly Hall. I had a chance to go there on Oct 2nd. I went there with two friends, one from middle school and one from my neighborhood. Actually, I have made a list which books that I wanted to buy and all of them on english. But I ended up buy books that's not on my list. I brought 350k IDR to buy books, and I got 11 books. And that's kinda a lot. When I went to a bookstore and I brought 350k IDR, I just get 5 books.

Anyway, I want to talk about all books that I bought in IIBF the other day. So without further words, let's talk about it.

First, I went to Kompas Gramedia Booth and I got 3 books in there. It is Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien. My friend recommended it to me. I was so confused, cause I want a lot of books in there. But I decided to buy Lord of the Rings Series. I got Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring with 64k IDR, if I buy it in bookstore, it costs 80k IDR, which means I save 16k IDR. And then, I got Lord of the Ring: The Two Towers that costs 56k IDR, and if I go to the bookstore, I should pay 69k IDR, which means I save my 13k IDR that I could use to buy another book. And, I also got Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King with 64k IDR, and again, I save 14k IDR cause in bookstore, that book costs 80k IDR. I haven't read one of those books, but I'm gonna read it soon, and probably I'm gonna make a preview each one for those books.

After that, I went to Mizan Booth where they sold cheap books that costs 5k - 20k IDR. I got 5 books in there with only spent 46k IDR. It was kinda messy in there, lots of people. The books was irregular or not in the place it should be. The first book that grabbed is the second book of Maximum Ride Graphic Novel Series by James Patterson and Narae Lee. I found that book on the floor near to the bookshelves that it should be on. I really really love Maximum Ride. Maximum Ride is actually the first novel that I have.This book is about the adventures of 7 mutants. If you really into Sci-Fi novel, you'll love this book This book is so cheap, I got it for 7k IDR, and I save a lot of money cause in the bookstore it costs 42k IDR.

Another book that I got with only 7k IDR is the third book of Araminta Spookie Series, Araminta Spookie: Frognapped. I have the first book of the series, Araminta Spookie: My Haunted House. I think it's children book, but I really really enjoy the story and I like the ilustrations too, that's pretty much why I want to buy it. So, I couldn't wait to read the book.Actually, I have read that book yesterday, but only one chapter. And I think that book is about Araminta's and Wanda's adventure try to find Barry's frog that they thought had been kidnapped or you could say frognapped (cause that's what the title says) and also try to find who frognapped them. In the bookstore this book costs 39k IDR, tho.

And then I got Cat Me If You Can by Amelia with only 10k IDR. I interested with this book only because there's something that I like on the title, it's cat. I haven't read this book but I really want to read it. I have read the synopsis, tho. The story is about a boy who afraids of cat but he likes a girl that has a cat as pet, so he asked his friend to help him to get rid of his fear of cats. But when he got rid of his fear of cats, he found a new fear and it is afraid of falling in love. Well, that's interesting, I hope all the story as interesting as the synopsis.

This book is actually the last book that I grabbed in Mizan Booth. It's Cherish Cheri by Nita Trismaya. I grabbed it when I was in a line to pay for all my books that I bought. But this book has a cover that stole my heart. The cover is white background and there are one girl and two boys on it, with colorful bubblegum (I think it's bubblegum, but I'm not sure) blocking some part of their faces. Again, I haven't read it, but the synopsis said that book is about a couple that having a long distance relationship, and the girl feels lonely and there's a guy who tries to be with her, and the girl is confused who she needs. Interesting, huh? Btw, that book costs 10k IDR which is 29k IDR cheaper than in the bookstore.

Also, I got Dreamland by Alyson Noel, the third book from Riley Bloom Series. I bought this cause I have the fourth book of the series. I want to read it but I think I need to read the first and the second book from the series, which is I haven't bought it. So, I need to find it first, then I'm gonna read it. I bought this book for 12k IDR, and I save 22k IDR.

Across the Mizan Booth, there's Kinokuniya Booth where they sells English book. Actually there are some books that I wanted to buy, but, because of I had bought 8 books before went there, so I didn't have enough money to buy the books that I want, but I really want to buy English book, so I found a book with the price that I could afford. That book has yellow cover with a barbie doll on it, and I've heard the title before, but I knew it as TV Show not a book. It's Pretty Little Liars from Sara Shepard. I haven't read it but I have watched the TV show. So, idk if it same with the book or not. That book costs 75k IDR.

Because I feel sad that I couldn't buy all the book that I wanted in Kinokuniya Booth, we moved to another booth. I've looking for Jakarta Book Club Booth. I'm following them on Instagram and I saw one of their posts that they sells preloved books and one of them I really want to read. But when I got there, that book was already sold, so I ended up bought Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby. I bought it only because it costs 35k IDR and when I saw the cover I think that book have interesting story.

Last but not least, I went to another Gramedia Booth. This booth sells cheap books like Mizan Booth. I was looking for a book that I think its interesting for like 30 minutes, I guess. But, I couldn't find one. And also I only have 10K IDR left so, I thought I might be just looking. But then, a guy (he's pretty cute tbh, lol) took a photo of this book, and then he gone somewhere. I grabbed that book and I read the title. It's Memoir of a So-Called Mom by Poppy D. Chusfani. The cover is pretty cute and interesting. I looked at the price and it's only 10k IDR, which is so perfect. So, I bought it, only cause if that guy want to buy it, but when he came back to the booth to buy this book, this book is gone.

That's it! That's all the books that I bought in IIBF. I'm obviously gonna make another book haul, but IDK when. Also, if you guys want all the books that I bought with the same price, here are all links to buy them on online bookstore: The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King, Maximum Ride Graphic Novel #2, Araminta Spookie: Frognapped, Cat Me If You Can, Cherish Cheri, Dreamland.

Thanks for reading my first book haul. If you guys like it, please give a reaction on down below. And also comment if you guys have one of those books. Don't forget to share this post. Stay awesome guys! Thanks for visiting and keep visit my blog! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment